Wednesday 23 May 2012

How modifying and adding a new Mac partition is easy with partition manager tool?

Do you have a single partition on your Mac hard disk drive and want to delete or add new partition by collecting the free space in all the drives. Then you must be in search for a right software to do this job. Recently, when I decided to delete and add a new partition to my Mac I found a utility that works like magic.

I have a Mac mini 500 GB HDD. I partitioned my Mac hard disk drive into four partitions, one for operating system, another one for my important files, one for my personal data and fourth partition for random stuff. The reason behind making different partition on HDD was to make the partition intact which holds the OS and other system files separating my personal data from them. However, the fourth partition of my hard disk is somewhat useless to me so I decided to use this drive space for storing my other important files & folders. And to do that, I was in need a utility that can delete the unwanted partition and creating a new one without causing the data loss. After a careful research on the available partition software for Macs, I decided to choose Stellar Partition Manager. And after using this utility I was overwhelmed with my decision to go with Stellar Partition Manager. Being a complete do-it-yourself software, I had no issues in creating and deleting the partitions. I am sharing the steps that helped me achieve my objective through this tool.

Deleting my Mac partition:
This feature of software deletes an unwanted partition or completely formats a partition and assigns free space for the new data.

Steps to be followed for deleting a partition:
1: Launch Stellar Partition Manager and then select the hard disk.
2: Select the volume in the middle pane.
3: Click on delete button on the toolbar.
4: Then task for deletion will be added in the Task to do list and then click on start to start the listed task.
5: A message box with warning is displayed. Click Continue to delete.

Note: Although my partition was not containing any important data so I deleted it with the tool. However, if your partition holds some urgent files and folders then make sure to create a back before choosing it to delete.

Create a new partition:
With this software I created a new partition on hard drive. The software interface was very much friendly.

For creating a new partition I followed these steps:
1: Start Stellar Partition Manager. Then select the hard disk.
2: After that I clicked on Add Button on the toolbar and Add new volume dialogue box is displayed.
3: Then gave volume name and then use the slider to fix the size of partition.
4: Then the newly added partition was displayed in the task to do list and then click on start button to start the listed tasks.
5: A message box with warning is displayed. Click Continue

Working with the Stellar Partition Manager for the very first time was a great experience for me. You just need to drag the partition to adjust its size and the job is done. I strongly recommend this software because even a novice can use it without difficulty.